Visualizing Grantmaking Data: Designing Effective Graphs from Start to Finish
Have you ever emailed a report to a colleague and wondered whether they even read about the results? Have you tried sharing data during in-person meetings only to watch their eyes glaze over? If so, this crash course in data visualization is for you. Visualizing data through charts, tables, and diagrams helps you deliver bite-sized pieces of information that viewers can understand at a glance and retain for the long run.
During this 60-minute webinar, we’ll go through the design process from start to finish so you leave with practical steps to implement in your own work.
- Introduction to Data Visualization: Key Players, Latest Trends, Skills Needed
- Who’s My Audience? Numeracy Level, Time, Interest, Information Needs
- Which Chart is Best for My Data? Pros and Cons of Familiar Charts (Pies, Bars, Lines) and Introduction to New Charts (Dot Plots, Small Multiples, Network Maps, and More)
- Which Tool is Best? Strengths of the Big 3: Excel, Tableau, R
- Which Formatting Edits Are Needed? Removing Clutter, Telling a Story with Text, Effective Labeling, Removing Clutter, Custom Colors
- How Will I Share My Charts? Reports, Presentations, Handouts, Slidedocs, Dashboards, Infographics
- Target Audience: Anyone who designs or consumes charts. No computer programming experience or graphic design skills needed.
Kudos for this Webinar
“Ann did a wonderful job. A great mix of high-level overview and details to keep my interest and provide relevant and useful information.”
“Just wanted to share with you a few sample graphics (not real data) that I developed using some of the principles I learned from you. I have found them so helpful and honestly look at graphs in a completely different way now.”
“Ann, I have to say, I’ve participated in a lot of webinars, and you did yours impeccably well, in terms of how you explained concepts, paced things, and the examples you included. Well done.”
“My new eval specialist here took your webinar. She’s convinced she’s going to drastically improve all my lame charts now.”
“Ann was amazing! This was one of the best webinars I’ve attended.”
“I will never write a proposal even in the same way. Now back to writing my proposal with some visuals!”
“I have to say this was an AMAZING webinar. The webinar gave me tips to implement immediately and inspiration to how to change things over time (especially as I become more proficient in creating new charts).”
This webinar is offered exclusively to EPIP members. To join EPIP, please visit http://www.epip.org/membership/.
Want to discuss a possible workshop or webinar for your team? Contact me.