The Data Visualization and Reporting TIG Video
The American Evaluation Association’s Data Visualization and Reporting Topical Interest Group: 821 members strong!
- The American Evaluation Association (AEA) is a professional society for evaluators and has about 8,000 members.
- AEA has 48 topical interest groups. They specialize in everything from quantitative methods to advocacy evaluation to data visualization.
- The Nonprofits and Foundations TIG is the largest, with 1,290 members in 2014. The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Issues TIG is the smallest, with 115 members. The DVR TIG falls in the middle, with 821 members this year.
- 3 out of 4 DVR TIG members are women.
- Most of the DVR TIG members–92%–have a master’s degree or higher.
- 28 different countries are represented in the DVR TIG. Roughly 9 out of 10 members are from the United States.
- The DVR TIG members work in a variety of settings: in nonprofits (33%), private businesses (26%), colleges and universities (26%), federal, state, and local agencies (12%), and school systems (4%).